Monday, January 26, 2015

We have been here a week and can count to 10000 and conjugate personal pronouns, tell time and many other things.  But yesterday, desperate for connection to the world, mostly family, Hassan, my host and I went to the next town Taoujtate in a petit taxi with 6 other men. It worked if you didn't breath or search for a safety belt. Hassan tried many hanuts and finally found a modem.  But neither Hassan or I had brought IDs, passport etc., which is needed for anything telephonic so he had to call a friend to come with ID to liberate the modem.  Back in the taxi again loaded to the gills and home.  I am connected.  That evening Souhaid decorated my hands with henna, pictures below, after Atila scrubbed me down in the turk.  After the henna was finished, Souhaid put cotton socks on my hands.

Sorry for the repetition, I don't knw how to remove photos yet.  I am wearing a head covering because my hair is wet, not a cultural act.
 Hassan and me

Souhaid with her needle








Akia, Hassan;s granddaughter








1 comment:

  1. Love the henna and all the other photos. Glad you have landed with a lovely family. But what is "The Turk"? The bathroom? The bathtub/shower? You have yet to explain...

    ReplyDelete