Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Summer

Summer began in July with a wonderful Peace Corps Training at our first hotel: Club Yasmina on the Atlantic Ocean; We had  the opportunity to see and hear about the many projects the 2nd year volunteers have done: CLIMB, GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) Camp, Write On, and many others.

Then I flew to Toulouse to be with my family in France for two weeks.  Two granddaughters kept me reading, playing UNO, swimming and there were many good dinners and much good wine and cheese.
My daughter took me on some good hikes and one climb in Ambialet.  It was fantastic to be with them and the French family my daughter married into.

Returning to Morocco, I visited my host family and shared in a family wedding which was more than one day, almost three.  It was so good to see them and the new baby Rania.

Peace Corps held a Library Training Workshop at the end of July to which both I and my counterpart Massaoud Saleh attended.  We now have three cartons of books in Arabic for the Dar Chebab  and more will arrive in December.  We also hope to have computers fir the young members soon.

August brought my family from California and we had a good tour of Morocco: first stop to see Kika and Cameron and their kittens, Rabat, Meknes, Volubilis, a couscous Friday dinner with host family Hassan and Naima, Fez briefly, Azrou, Marrakech and Casablanca.  The two grandcuildren loved the snake charmers, chicken tagine, and especially the Roman ruins at Volubilis where they could run wild.

If I can figure out how to get their pictures up I will do so but I have had lots of problems uploading photos.

Now Massaoud and I are busy with classes and I will say more about that later;

No comments:

Post a Comment